Nicholas Kenyon, agriculturer, age 30, of Aston, m. Mary Clarke, spinster, age 24, of Todwick, at Todwick in 1638
Edward Kenyon of Haldworth Bank was born at Holmfirth, the son of Edward Kenyon and Alice (Nee Micklethwaite). He married Mary Adamson (d.1743) daughter of Edward Adamson of Bradfield. Children:
Children of Francis Parker and Rachel (Nee Kenyon)included:
Tamara Kenyon, sister of an Adamson Kenyon of Wickersley, clerk married a Parker.
Mary Hall (Nee Morewood) wife of George Hall of Sheffield rope-maker, was niece and devisee of Adamson Kenyon of Wickersley, clerk
James and Joseph Kenyon were apprenticed in Sheffield in the early eighteenth century. Joseph, founded the firm of John Kenyon & Co. Sawsmiths, formerly of Millsands, Sheffield. The 1828 directory lists John Kenyon and Co. as saw manufacturers of Willey Street and as merchants and manufacturers of saws, files, bar and sheet iron and steel of Hollis Croft.
An advertisement in White's directory of 1876 describes the firm as founded in 1710 and as manufacturers of cast, sheer, bar, spring and sheet steel, saws, files, edge tools, machine knives etc. but by the 1920s the firm was making only saws, files and edge tools, the biggest trade by far being in saws.
The firm had a large eastern European trade which at first was entirely with Russia and later Latvia, Estonia and Poland. In 1930 with the onset of the depression, it was decided to wind up John Kenyon and Co. The business was transferred to Sanderson Brothers and Newbould and the name John Kenyon and Co. (Sheffield 1930) Ltd. survived as a subsidiary of Sanderson Kayser Ltd